Friday, February 29, 2008

The more I practise the luckier I get

Famous phrase from golf legend Gary Player... I believe it (modestly) applies here too. Indeed while I can add postings from time to time to better explain the technique, Phase 1 of the indicator toolset is quite stable now, and will only warrant very minor updates from time to time. On the to-do list still lies the removal of the last 2 parameters in the MTFS to make the toolset 100% self-adaptive, but that's about it, so no pressure, no rush...

Practise makes perfect.
Yes, there is no documentation except for a document on the ForeTrade website, and the rest is left to users to read and analyse daily market snapshots to better grasp the trading technique.
It may take a short while as it is relatively unconventional, but it quickly becomes very natural. A few beta testers did not quite get it or have not been patient enough. I understand but I certainly regret that. Beta testing for Phase 1 is now closed. I am just pushing the 'release candidate' a bit because of other commitments like the forthcoming release of the Fuzzy Logic library (both generic and for TradeStation).
FL is not quite a distraction, as it will be an essential part of the Phase 2 of the toolset, with better decision making tools up to full trading automation. Its release is still scheduled for later this year.

Happy trading,
bv